The Languages programs are designed as FULL YEAR courses. Students are expected to continue their language study until the end of Year 9. Students continue using ICT applications, including iPads and create a class blog to communicate with each other and students in Indonesia.
Students are encouraged to use the language by communicating in speech and writing to:
• participate in simulated and, where possible, real situations related to the practical aspects of everyday life
• interact with others in socially and culturally appropriate ways
• seek out and understand factual information conveyed orally, visually or in writing
• interpret, evaluate and use information for a specified purpose and audience
• develop communication strategies
• expand knowledge and skills in the language
• manage their own language learning
• entertain themselves and others.
Work requirements are set in each topic, assessing the four strands of language learning—listening; speaking; reading; and writing.
• Sport and Hobbies
• Leisure Activities
• Weather and Seasons
• Shopping and the Market
• Film and TV
• Natural disasters
• The City
Year 9 Indonesian Immersion Program
Language Perfect World Championships
Students use a program called called Language Perfect. Annually they take part in the World Championships that is a world wide language vocabulary competition.
Indonesian Cultural Infusion
Students take part in Indonesian cultural activities.